Due late March, 2009. Still surprised.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

waiting

In a couple hours we have the u/s that determines gender. Very strange feeling waiting for that....In other news, a friend of mine who's running for a state-level position is having some dirty politics played by a guy who has no political/public service experience yet who's running on the republican ticket as some kind of fundamentalist throw-the-bums-out reformer. I've seen this guy in a debate and he's clueless, vague and immediately reverts to campaign cant. He'd be eaten for lunch in our state house. I look forward to his defeat, which is in all likelihood inevitable. As someone who was prompted to run for office for a variety of reasons, mostly including the "yes, I'm going to make a difference, get out of my way" impulse, the idea of someone running for office who builds a platform of "against"s is both weak and hypocritical. People are seeing through it with the doddery veteran on a presidential level and they'll hopefully see through it here. Getting informed takes an investment of time. I read some of the local blogs that cover political life in my area and my main suspicion is that the least-informed are also the least-likely to vote. Which is basically a good thing. Don't vote unless you know what you're voting for...

2 comments:

Newone said...

Can I ask how did you do it? I've been ttc #2 for 3.5 years...ready to give up.

isabelleSophronia said...

Hi there, just posted on that topic.