Due late March, 2009. Still surprised.

Monday, November 3, 2008

How We Got Here and How We Knew It Was A Girl

in reverse order...

I started to want to wear pink in July. I have never worn pink. Well, I had an English Beat t-shirt purchased in 1984, but even in the height of my years as a rock critic, the black/pink combo passed me by. This summer, i bought 3 pink shirts and wore them. This is weeks before realizing we were expecting....


The magic/mojo that might have been involved getting pregnant may include the following:
tossing ALL maternity clothes, I literally found a bag and discarded in June --- was preg. in july (yeah, that looks like a great call from this vantage)
spending a lot of time around small children/pregnant women, due to involvement at local church afterschool in challenging neighborhood, plus my preschool son's peers, etc. Being around very needy small children who are also very poor might have triggered some hormonal thing. Honestly, I don't know.
My husband thinks it's fantastic genes and fantastic luck. I also attribute some good mojo to a really great saint, Saint Martin de Porres. He was Peruvian and a clergy friend had a connection to the shrine in TN. www.stmartinshrine.org/. I sent them some money years ago and I swear, within a month was pregnant. So I'm pretty good about sending them some cash. As an episcopagancongregationalitarian, anything goes.

I also had been taking Vitex (2 500 mg. tabs once a day for a number of months). I'd read it helped with PMS, which I'm told I have (ahem, I don't THINK I have it, anyway, don't have it NOW forsure). That may have helped and I also had been taking prental vitamins since before my son 5 years ago (yes, it was a huge bottle....)

4 comments:

2012New said...

Thanks so much for sharing. May I ask how long were you TTC#2?

isabelleSophronia said...

we were not TTC :-)

Maya said...

Congratulations!

Happy healthy!

How long were you having unprotected sex, if you dojn't mind me asking?

Leilat4 said...

Still give me hope....