Due late March, 2009. Still surprised.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

something different

I've been staying up late doing various projects -- i mean really late, deep into the night early morning radio late -- there is SO MUCH to do and before I finally collapsed there was, um, some bloody show. That's actually a sign of labor, not some britishism. It was more pinkpale than bloody and the mucous plug is apparently still engaged but I have no gone into modest freakout mode. This is called "early labor" and tomorrow at 3 when we see the OB she will check me. I called the Ob this morning and got the info re: contractions 5 minutes apart for more than an hour. I'm feeling contrax plus baby moving. There was more mucous in the afternoon and my parallel parking, which is usually award-winning totally sucked today. I hvae no spatial relationships. I have no sense of proportion. My husband bless hiim has gone thru the little pile of duds and put on shelf in our son's playroom so that's done. And car seat ready to go in. And my bag is packed. And now I have another contraction.

So I think it's soon. I ran into a woman I know who's a photog. who takes lots of pix of kids and moms and said she could tell from my face I wouldn't last ths wkend. Tomorrow is the new moon. So a fresh start. I was thinking we'd be in that fullmoon zone, april 8, but I don't feel I'll last.

It's really hard to get off the couch. I'm trying to drink a lot of water. Am trying not to be too freaked out. I was induced for my son so this is all new. . . .

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congradulations! It looks like you're going to be a mom for the second time really soon. I hope for your sake there is no induction and that your body takes it from here.

I can't wait to see your next post!

This is sooooooooooooooo exciting!