Due late March, 2009. Still surprised.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

out of breath

Not a good sign. My profile has changed considerably in the last 10 days and I can feel my lungs being squashed when I'm in bed. A herbalist acquaintance made the comment today that she thought I was 40. I held my thumb upward. She stopped at 45, and I still held my thumb up. It seems utterly preposterous that there's a little space traveller inside, except that I didn't (before this) FEEL 48. I see friends and others who are heavy and middleaged and at my reunion I was kind of shocked by how many lined faces there were. I do feel like I'm not in really great shape because it doesn't occur to me to do exercise beyond my dance class most of the time. Since my son has kind of outgrown all the strollers, the long strollerwalk isn't happening. Which reminds me, I'm betting right now he will be TOTALLY regressing when tinkerbell shows up. I'm writing this now so when it happens I won't be surprised.

It is really cool to be pregnant though. If only I could get a breath!

4 comments:

2012New said...

I've been reading your blog daily for inspiration. Totally awesome that you were able to get pregnant! Looks like you will have an Aries baby too. My daughter's birthday is March 26.

May I ask - were you taking herbs before you got pregnant? I am looking for any help I can get...apparently I need it after several years of trying to no avail.

Meanwhile, I'm dealing with another ovarian cyst this month, I believe as a result of fertility drugs...ugh. I'm so done with the high tech fertility money making industry. Another cycle wasted and my health compromised again.

isabelleSophronia said...

Hi, I was taking a 500 mg. vitex once a day for about a year beforehand. Also, a vitamin and 1000 mg. of fish oil. Sorry about your cyst, that sounds hideous. I honestly believe that some of my lifestyle choices made the balance, e.g, volunteering at an area church afterschool program where there were lots of kids, pregnant women, etc. I am a 2 cup a day coffee drinker (espresso) and that didn't seem to make a dent. How old are you?

2012New said...

I'm 45.5. I had my daughter one month before my 41st birthday! I'm from a family of 5 - so I just took my fertility for granted and waited until the last moment..What was I thinking!!!

I truly believe lifestyle and a positive attitude help, but it is getting harder to be positive every month. I can't help but start to believe the REs were right - I have old eggs!

I also think genetics plays a big part. My Mom went into menopause around 50. Do you know how old your Mom was?

isabelleSophronia said...

I think my mom was definitely well into her 50s, but "we don't talk about that stuff." I have an aunt who had 3 periods a year but still had 3 kids in her late 20s. My paternal grandmother had her last child at 41.

I don't believe in "old eggs." We are supposedly born with a finite number, but these develop and ripen over time. I know we are insanely fortunate and really weren't expecting this but I do think that the time I spent around needy children and pregnant women had some incaluable effect.