Due late March, 2009. Still surprised.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

braxton hicks

yesterday it felt as though thumbelina was sitting VERY heavily in the middle of my belly and today this happened again. My conscious thought was "braxton hicks preterm labor" just like that at the repeated event. This is momentous b/c for my last pregnancy I never had ONE contraction at any point. And duedate came and went and still no contractions. And finally on day 12 I was induced, which was a 14 hour labor (no meds, yay me!) that went very uneventfully except for the part at the end where the placenta didn't detach. So after all that time, I had to have a spinal and my OB gingerly manually extracted the placenta. Truly scary. It might have grown into the uterus which would have been lightsout for that organ.

So Braxton Hicks I welcome. Anything that sets the tone this is a normal pregnancy!

3 comments:

MadelineRose said...

I'm so glad I found your blog; I'm 47 and seriously considering trying to have another child. Our son is now 6 and I would love to give him a sibling. There is a serious shortage of info regarding pregnancy over 40; reading your blog has been great. Congratulations-I hope you're feeling well.

2012New said...

isabelleSophronia - hope all is well. I can't believe how far along you are - it is amazing and wonderful. Just wondering did you know you were pregnant before AF was scheduled to arrive? My daughter will be 5 in 2 months...I totally don't remember what I felt like in the early stages...I feel like AF is on her way, I wish not but I think I already know..ugh...onto the next cycle.

isabelleSophronia said...

Hi, For the past 15 years I've charted my cycles on a one-page lunar calendar from Snake and Snake in North Carolina. 2008, I didn't buy one so totally lost track for the most part. I'd remember my cycle started on a Monday and at the appropriate Monday it rolled around again but this summer I got busy and we did a lot of travelling and it didn't cross my mind. I didn't have symptoms of cycle before the date my cycle would have arrived (we were far from home at the beach). But I started feeling exhausted and nauseated immediately. Pregnancy was the last thing I thought about!