Due late March, 2009. Still surprised.

Friday, January 2, 2009

27 weeks

Due to bad weather we were without power here for nearly 3 weeks and I had too much to do to update this the rare times I had access to email.

I am VERY tired of being pregnant, I'm hitting that exhausted stage virtually every day. Then again, dealing with the holidays, which start mid Dec. and go right thru January is pretty exhausting too. we are blessed in having lots of family and friends and this is the time o f year that visiting goes into high gear.

My inlaws were great and brilliant and gave me maternity leggings and undies. Didn't know such things existed but totally love these.

Have had the tiniest bit of dark brown discharge, but baby kicking a lot. I do not like being really large in the winter -- for my son, spring came w/3rd trimester and it was much easier to stay in shape. Everything here is iced over and we live in the woods so it's easy to talk myself out of going outside. I shovelled our deck on new year's eve and that took a half hour so that's something....

Had the glucose test, get results in 2 wks. Actually, I'm probably fine b/c I'm sure they would have contacted me otherwise....

3 comments:

2012New said...

I am so glad you to hear you are doing well. Your pregnancy makes it seem real for the rest of us that are still trying, given all the grim stats for us over 40. And I just keep feeding the negativity by searching the Internet -Ugh! Came across something last night that said it is virtually impossible for a women over age 45 to even get pregnant. Of course that totally bummed me out.

Any other diet tips? Stuff you removed from your diet prior to pregnancy? Sugar? Alcohol? Soy?

What is your due date?

Is your son excited about the baby? My daughter asked me last night if we could get a baby..it almost killed me. I think she sees all the kids at school getting brothers and sisters and she wonders why she doesn't have any.

isabelleSophronia said...

I just remembered I started taking maca every now and then last summer. I think it's before I conc'd.

I have to tell you, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Plenty of coffee, way too much ice cream, a lot of fresh fruit and berries (it was summer), but mainly spending a lot of time around needy children and pregnant women. I have to think that was some kind of strange factor.

We tried from age 44-45 for me (I had my son at nearly 43). Had basically moved on. Still can't believe it. But it does happen. And I know I'm the oldest pregnant woman my OB practice has seen in 20 years. It ain't over til it's over....

Unknown said...

There is a great hope in your blog for all women who want to become mothers after 40. God bless you.

Keep on writing this blog even after delivery so that you can inspire a lot.