Due late March, 2009. Still surprised.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

well now

I got my period this morning. Princess Dumpling is 15 weeks today and I definitely got my period. We are breastfeeding, sometimes hourly, and I got my period. I look in my calendar and June 25-30 I definitely had lots of EWCM, so my body is definitely revving up. As my husband noted when I told him, "back in business again."

This happened after the birth of my son, when I was fully in that gottahaveanother infant craziness. I do NOT have the feeling of gottahaveanother with PD, but it's interesting that my body is doing exactly what it did with my son. I had my period 3 months after giving birth, almost to the day. I don't like the idea of going on the pill (at nearly 49 and breastfeeding), so I guess alternatives are in order.

6 comments:

2012New said...

isabelleSophronia - I should be so lucky to have your problem..:-)

isabelleSophronia said...

Hi Newone, Are you taking Vitex? The more I think about things, the more I think that the Vitex made my CM more hospitable. Although, all things considered, there are probably multiple explications. 4 days...still bleeding. Last day was first day in weeks without ice cream, yay!

Kim said...

I feel for you. One of the best parts of pregnancy and BF is the lack of AF.

Good luck in your quest not to become pregnant.

2012New said...

isabelleSophronia - If you can, I know it is a subject of conversation..but if you can find out when your Mom or family member went into menopause...it will help me in determining whether to continue trying or no..I have this feeling you must have some great genes...better than what I am dealing with...your odds must be higher than mine...went to Ben and Jerry's tonight...

isabelleSophronia said...

Hi newone, my Armenian family is intentionally vague despite being a matriarchy. My mom, now 75, had MP in early 50s. A 2nd cousin on my dad's Scottish side went thru this in early 50s. I honestly thought when I turned 45 THAT WAS IT!!! And 2.75 years AFTER that I con'd. Not sure about the other ladies, but I'm really thinking it was early 50s.

Unknown said...

I got my period early as well. I got an IUD, as I didn't want to go back on the pill as it can screw with breastfeeding (I managed to go two years, doubt I could have even though they say the "mini" pill doesn't add complications)

I wish you luck :)